Thursday 7 August 2008

I want to write.

I want to write a story about my last job and my crazy emotional(!) experience there. I want to not forget about wanting to write about my job.

In gr. 11 my teacher wrote a note that said he hoped I became a great writer. I kind of felt like because I didn't go to university I closed the door on that. (With some bitterness). But now I'm wondering why I haven't been a great writer. I can still write, I can still be great at it. Regardless of what "greatness" meant to me then or means to other people. I think I can get my head around this.

...Also a customer called looking for a book that we didn't have in stock. And then I google searched it, and it seems to be online in full text with google books. I don't know very much about this google books thing, but it seems interesting. I half wanted to call her back and tell her.

No comments: