Sunday 6 December 2009

Slow Sunday


(photo from ffffound.com)

Andre and I vowed several times to be Internet free this weekend, but we're finding it impossible! We constantly go back and forth on whether or not to cancel our Internet. I think we have been a teensy bit more mindful this weekend though and I haven't been on the facebook thing at all. I also got a lot of other nice things accomplished like cooking and baking and going to 7 West with friends.

Tonight I made this recipe for chana masala- adapted from a sweet little Orangette recipe. At first I thought it wasn't flavourful and Indian-foodish enough, but after it cooled a bit I was very happy with it. I recommend.

Now I'm waiting for my banana bread from Veganomicon to bake. Our oven takes about 1/3 longer than it should and I even turned the temperature up. Need to buy oven thermometer.

Happy Sunday evening everyone,

I recommend enjoying it with Boards of Canada and a whiskey and coke.

3 comments:

Lori said...

But I don't have Boards of Canada. What to do.

I recommend Soco and Coke.

bluerumm said...

how did your banana bread turn out? i'm always looking for new banana bread recipes so send it my way if it's a keeper...

shipssail said...

It turned out awesome! It was really easy too. I'll email you the recipe soon.